Legal counsel France
SolvayPlein temps Journée complète
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for a mid level legal Counsel France:
In this role, you will contribute to the smooth operations of the Solvay group companies in France and play an active part in the group’s projects by providing a quality service and formulating relevant advice. You will be part of a global team of legal counsels and you will report to the Deputy General Counsel, head of EMEA
We count on you for:
- Being a generalist advising on a wide variety of day-to-day and complex legal matters in the domains of corporate law (including corporate housekeeping), commercial law, financial law, competition law, regulatory and social law;
- Being involved in day-to-day legal matters as well as in projects
- Drafting and negotiating all kind of complex agreements;
- Managing claims and litigation and control external costs;
- Follow up on all legal matters related to the production sites in France (eg. renewals of permitting);
- Understanding business realities, anticipating and assessing legal risks, and working with internal clients and external lawyers to reduce potential legal risks;
- Closely follow up the new legislation. In this context, you will provide legal information to the Business to facilitate understanding of and compliance with legal regulations, group procedures and best practices;
- You will become part of a company where the legal department is extremely involved in the business;
- You will be in close contact with the other departments of the Group and work on a transversal basis.
You will bring:
- Law Degree from a well-respected, accredited university in France
- 5 + years of experience preferably as a company lawyer (and/or in a local law firm)
- In-depth knowledge of French laws, including but not limited to corporate law, financial law, contract law, civil law; experience in French civil litigation procedural law and labor law is a plus.
- Fluent in French and English; an additional European Language is a plus;
- Interested in the Solvay Group activities and eager to learn and develop your skills;
- Strong analytical skills and pragmatic business approach.
- Practical decision-making skills in a real-time environment.
- You are rigorous, methodical and intellectually curious.
- Able to organize yourself independently, you will proactively identify legal issues and propose solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a complex and evolving environment.
- Like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge whilst being able to work independently and take on responsibilities.
- Mastery of office tools; experience in the use/development of technological tools related to the function (LegalTech legal research tools, RegTech, etc.) is a plus.
- Professional integrity and business ethics are must-have values.
You will get:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- The position is based in France, preferably close to our offices in Lyon or Paris
After 50 years, we are going back to the Moon... Solvay Materials are making it possible once again for Humans to return to the Moon. Check here our Artemis missions with NASA: we will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon.
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.